Sunday, January 24, 2016

And The Learning Continues...

The 2015-2016 school finds me continuing my hobby as a life long learner.  This fall I became a member of the Innovative Instructional Leadership certificate program through Winona State University.  I feel very fortunate to be in a classroom (both face-to-face and online) with a great group of fellow students while the learning is being lead by Jen Hegna, who also serves as the leader in the technology department with the Byron Public Schools.

This is not my first experience as an online student.  I graduated from Hamline University in 2014 with a Masters degree in Literacy Administration.  I did not step foot on campus (beyond a visit to the campus bookstore) until I attended my graduation ceremony.

As an experienced online learner, I understand the value of technology along with innovated opportunities it brings to the classroom.  I imagine in the not so far away future, snow days in the public school system will not longer exist.  Rather, students will remain safely at home accessing their learning through the ever evolving technology opportunities.

Blogging is a very new experience for me.  As I write this I think to myself, "Is this how I am supposed to do this?"  But I also reassure myself that of course this is how it is done. Afterall, blogs serve as a way of reflecting on what has been learned and has yet to come, right?

Although this is "short and sweet", it is sincere.  Look for more blogs to come. I look forward to reflecting and sharing with you all that I have learned along the way.  This is an amazing journey that I am on.

No comments:

Post a Comment