Saturday, February 27, 2016

BLACK OUT!

As I had mentioned in one of my previous blog posts, one of my assignments in the course Connected Educator, Connected Classroom class through Winona State University (under the instruction of Jen Hegna) is that I participate in a BINGO challenge.  And challenge it was.  When I saw the card I thought to myself, "This will be easy peasy."  Well, it wasn't stressful but it wasn't as easy as I thought it was going to be.

There were many activities on the card that had me "putting myself out there" publicly.  Things such as posting pictures of teaching and learning in my classroom, participating in various Twitter chats, organizing lists of followers, posting inspiring thoughts.  Some of these things I found exciting, some made me nervous because I worried about being judged.

One of my favorites was participating in #satchat this morning.  There was a high volume of tweets going on which was exciting and frustrating at the same time.  Seemed like every time I went to retweet or reply to something, the tweet would jump farther down the page because of the activity.  I had to move fast.  But I did find alot of new resources that I want to investigate further.  That is why I saved the whole session to Storify.  Here if the link if you are interested as well:

https://storify.com/TracyLermon/satchat

Now that I have finished my BINGO card, I am spending some deciding if I want to go back to "lurking" or being an active participant on Twitter chats.  I have learned alot from the "lurking" part but to me it does seem important to share what I have learned.

Let the learning continue!

2 comments:

  1. That's AWESOME Tracy! I'm jealous that you finished your Bingo! But I have definitely noticed all of the tweets you have been sharing - I love seeing them all! And I'm glad you enjoyed the satchat - I am planning to participate next week in that. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy, you have come so far! I am so proud of you. You have really put yourself out there and have tried a ton of different outlets. I would have to say you are way more skilled at Twitter than you actually think. You have been able to connect others and also share resources with others as well. I think this Twitter Bingo was exactly what you needed. I am also proud of you for going out there and participating in a different chat and then also putting it on Storify. You have well exceeded expectations and have gone above and beyond what others have done. I am excited to hear more of your journey.

    ReplyDelete