Thursday, April 21, 2016

And That's a Wrap!

Wednesday night, April 20, 2016 the WSU Cohort #1 held its final #byronedchat.   This has been quite an experience.  We had our regulars but this time we had several make their presence known that were not even from our district.  It makes me think that if we are able to keep this going we can become just as big as some of the other chats that I have participated in such as #mnlead or #satchat.  I am impressed with how quickly we have become known by others.  I think that is because of the the strong PLNs developed by of some of my classmates.

This semester has been very exciting.  I have created my own PLN and watch it grow almost daily.  At the beginning of this semester I had 53 followers. I am now up to 144.  And reading those bios, those are people that that I consider credible in their fields.

This semester I have learned many things.  I did learn I can "go off the grid" and survive without technology or social media.  As much as I have referenced it, one must get the impression that this was very difficult for me.  That would be an accurate impression.  Because of our district wide Twitter chat, I have come to know others from the district that I have only known by name.   I have learned what an incredible team of educators we have in our district and through our discussions it is no wonder that we are considered a Blue Ribbon School.

The pace of this course was very manageable.  It allowed me to take time to explore options before trying them without the pressure of a deadline. Through collaboration I have been given many resources that will help in enhancing my teaching.

As class 2 in this program comes to a close, it finds me not only reflecting on what I have learned this semester but pondering what I would like to learn in the classes ahead.  I am excited for what is to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment